Indigo Deli turned 12 this month on the 30th of June 2017 and to celebrate the same they have a special menu by 12 chefs including Chef Jaydeep Mukherjee, their Corporate Executive Chef, from Indigo Deli. The menu covers self created & implemented soups, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, veg-non veg mains & desserts from chefs across all Indigo Deli outlets.
My favourite pick from the whole menu was the Salmon & crab mousse tortellini with broccoli & truffle pesto by Chef Tushar Deshpande , Sous Chef Indigo Deli, Pune
1. Caramelized onions & water chestnuts with chestnut pistou & rye croutons – Chef Sean
2. Deli mud crab bisque, with crab quenelle & truffle drizzle – Chef Sean
1. Detox beets & limes with herb labneh – Chef Rahul Gomes
2. Ham, poached egg & bagel – Chef Rahul Gomes
1. Mushroom & apricot stuffed cottage cheese rolls – Chef Rajib Dawn
2. Deli frito misto, mango chilli sauce & raw papaya salad – Chef Rajib Dawn
1. Charred Peach Brie Sandwich- Baked Brie, roasted peach and caramelised onion melt on multigrain bread – Chef Ganesh Devadiga
2 . D’ Deli Shrimp Sub – Cajun spiced shrimp, gherkins, marinated hothouse tomatoes, lemon dill sour cream, sriracha aioli, demi baguette – Chef Ash Moghe
1. Many mushrooms and spinach wellington – Chef Aditya Parab
2. Ravioli of roasted butter nut squash, shallots, and mascarpone – Chef Donald Fernandes
3. Pelmini of confit beets and peas, saffron and walnut sauce – Chef Aryesh Karambelkar
Non Veg Mains
1. Salmon & crab mousse tortellini with broccoli & truffle pesto –Chef Tushar Deshpande , Sous Chef Indigo Deli, Pune
The smell of fresh Salmon & Crab mousse amazed me as soon as i sliced the tortellini. The tortellini were rested on a bed of truffle pesto & garnished with Orange nasturtium flowers.
About Chef Tushar Deshpande
Currently working as a Sous Chef at Indigo Deli, Pune Chef Tushar Deshpande has a very ambitious & enriching culinary journey. He holds a degree in Masters in Computer Applications from University of Pune. However, his passion for European cuisine and cooking took him to the world of culinary arts and professional kitchens. He then went on to study and graduated top of the class from Le Cordon Bleu, London where he learnt the basic principles of French cooking. He worked under Michelin Star Chef David Escobar, Chef Joel Antunes & Chef Phil Howard where he mastered his French cooking techniques. After working for Morton’s with 4 AA Rosette Chef Ivonic he finally moved to India, joined Indigo Deli Colaba & is currently working at their Pune’s outlet.
2. Deli Classic Chicken Casserole – Chef Jaydeep Mukherjee-Corporate Executive Chef, Indigo Deli
3. Salmon saltimbocca, prosciutto di Parma, caponata vegetables & creamy saffron sauce – Chef Swapnil Raut
1. The deli banoffee pie – Chef Suresh Kumar
2. Mud cake – Chef Suresh Kumar
A big shoutout to Ms Svetlana from Carpe Diem & team Indigo Deli for hosting me on such an auspicious moment.
This menu will run for a week till 6th July 2017
Indigo Delicatessen is located at 3rd Floor, Phoenix Market City, Viman Nagar Road, Viman Nagar, Pune